Are you obsessed with data, partner success, taking action, and changing the game? If you have a whole lot of hustle and a touch of nerd, come work with Pattern! We want you to use your skills to push one of the fastest-growing companies in the US to the top of the list.
Pattern is the premier partner for global ecommerce acceleration and is headquartered in Utah's Silicon Slopes tech hub—with offices in Asia, Australia, Europe, the Middle East, and North America. Valued at $2 billion, Pattern has been named one of the fastest growing tech companies in North America by Deloitte and one of best-led companies in America by Inc. More than 100 global brands—like Nestle, Sylvania, Kong, Panasonic, Sorel, Skullcandy, and Popsockets—rely on Pattern's global ecommerce acceleration platform to scale their business around the world. We place employee experience at the center of our business model and have been recognized as one of America's Most Loved Workplaces®.
Borderless is Pattern's operations and distribution sister company, under which this role will operate. We have 6 warehouses in 5 countries offering a unique distribution model to our partners. We currently ship 17M units a year and are growing rapidly.
We need an Inventory Manager (Buyer/Planner) who will be responsible for managing inventory & receipts for 7-12 brands. Brand management, and brand partnerships and communication are a key component of success. Other measures of success are weeks of supply/ coverage for your brands, inventory turn, accurate sales forecasting, and instock rates. These can be accomplished through monthly forecast updates, weekly ordering reviews, and creative problem solving.
This is a full-time role and will work a hybrid schedule in Lehi, Utah.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a day in the life of an Inventory Manager (Buyer/Planner)?
- Place weekly orders for 7-12 brands
- Execute 3, 6, and 9 month ordering plans for your brands
- Provide monthly demand sales, and receipts forecasts to brands after discussing brand management
- Align with brand management on ordering strategies implemented by the inventory management team
- Think critically about deviations from forecast & the implications. Offers solutions on how to correct for deviations
- Lead brand calls to talk through forecasts, ordering forecasts, and can offer solutions to brand supply chain issues
What will I need to thrive in this role?
- Bachelor’s degree
- Supply/demand planning experience and/or buying experience
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel including pivot tables
- Operational strategy and experience in ERP systems
- An ability to be very organized with balancing your calendar against recurring forecasting needs
- Knowledge of retail KPIs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
What does high performance look like?
- You give 100% to all tasks and projects you are given
- You actively comment and participate in group collaborations
- You will take full ownership of your projects and follow through to completion
- You follow through with all assignments in a timely manner
What is my potential for career growth?
- This role will provide a solid foundation for supply chain and other operation and logistics-based careers. You will learn wholistic forecasting, demand sales, retail inventory planning, and brand relationship building skills that transfer across several industries. You’ll have many opportunities for mentorship and networking and will provide you with valuable experience to grow your career.
What is the team like?
- This team is data driven and results oriented. You will collaborate regularly with members of your team to implement actionable solutions. Ideas and input are encouraged from all members. You will be reporting into an Associate Director of Inventory Management, meeting with them on a regular basis.
Sounds great! What is the company Culture?
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Game Changers: A game changer is someone who looks at problems with an open mind and shares new ideas with team members, regularly reassesses existing plans and attaches a realistic timeline to goals, makes profitable, productive, and innovative contributions, and actively pursues improvements to Pattern’s processes and outcomes.
- Data Fanatics: A data fanatic is someone who recognizes problems and seeks to understand them through data, draws unbiased conclusions based on data that lead to actionable solutions, and continues to track the effects of the solutions using data.
- Partner Obsessed: An individual who is partner obsessed clearly explains the status of projects to partners and relies on constructive feedback, actively listens to partner’s expectations and delivers results that exceed them, prioritizes the needs of your partners, and takes the time to create a personable experience for those interacting with Pattern.
- Team of Doers: Someone who is a part of team of doers uplifts team members and recognizes their specific contributions, takes initiative to help in any circumstance, actively contributes to supporting improvements, and holds themselves accountable to the team as well as to partners.
What is the hiring process?
- Initial phone interview with Pattern’s talent acquisition team
- Video interview with a hiring manager
- Onsite/video interview with another member of the team
- Professional reference checks
- Executive review
How can I stand out as an applicant?
- Be prepared to talk about educational and professional accomplishments with specific data to quantify examples
- Be ready to talk about how you can add value and be the best addition to the team
- Focus on mentioning how you would make a difference at Pattern
- Be prepared to talk about any side projects related to data and analytics
Why should I work at Pattern?
Pattern offers big opportunities to make a difference in the e-commerce accelerator industry! We are a company full of talented industry experts that evolves quickly and often, we set big goals and work tirelessly to achieve them, and we love our Pattern family. We also believe in having fun and balancing our lives, so we offer awesome benefits that include
- Paid Holidays
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Casual Dress Code
- Competitive Pay
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
Pattern provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.