Pattern is a leading eCommerce accelerator with offices across the globe offering outsourced marketplace and ecommerce management services for brands worldwide. The Pattern Ecommerce Acceleration Platform leverages AI-powered technology, industry expertise, and global distribution, logistics, and fulfilment services to help quality brands scale profitably on their own websites and through hundreds of marketplaces. Pattern works with some of the most recognized brands such as Pandora, Skullcandy, Nestle, Kong and it ranks among the top 5 Amazon sellers globally. Pattern has over 900 employees across the globe and in November 2021 it received $225M in funding to make it a unicorn.
Pattern is expanding and we are looking for an established Senior Managers to join our European Team in Munich to support the scaling of the business by driving the performance of the brands we represent on Amazon and other Marketplaces.
Your will own the relationship and financial performance of a portfolio of global brands and you’ll lead a team of Brand Managers and Brand Executives.
You will define and implement the E2E growth and profitability plan for your portfolio of brands by working cross-functionally with Operations, Content, Advertising, Creative, Merchandising and Finance. You will also lead cross-functional projects to implement processes to scale the organization in the EU.
You are a strategic and commercial Senior Manager who can engage partners and internal stakeholders towards a common goal. You can develop people to perform at their best. You have a growth mindset and can lead team through the ambiguity of fast changing landscapes.
What is a day in the life of a Senior Ecommerce Brand Manager?
The core responsibilities of the Senior Ecommerce Brand Manager reflect the following:
- Drive revenue and profit growth for your portfolio of brands in the EU across marketplaces through a data driven approach.
- Define and execute against a clear E2E plan to achieve targets via promotional planning, seasonal phasing, NPD launches, advertising campaigns, SEO/Content optimization, CX and operational improvements, etc.
- Lead, coach and develop a team of Brand Managers and Brand Executive to deliver on core KPIs
- Proactively manage internal and external stakeholders to ensure that an efficient operation is delivered across the end-to-end value chain. Leading by example by getting into the detail and relentlessly seeking out opportunities to drive sales and remove defects.
- Own the budgeting process and forward-looking plan for your portfolio of brands to include, sales, profit margins, investments and
- Work with internal digital marketing team to build and manage advertising budget to strategically grow brands across Europe on all marketplace platforms.
- Build trust with your brand portfolio to deliver client satisfaction results in an NPS of 9+.
- Have a passion for continuous improvement by building and automating processes to scale the business at pace.
What will I need to thrive in this role?
- Min of 5 years' experience working within an ecommerce business. Marketplace experience preferable but not required.
- Humble and leads by example
- Analytical and able to make sense of data/complexity.
- Can influence externally and internally to achieve common goals.
- Independent, highly motivated, and focused on outcomes.
- Able to deal with ambiguity and to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up-type environment by pivoting priorities.
- A proactive nature, problem and innovative solver.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills to prioritise workloads effectively.
- 2:1 degree or above.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with PowerPoint and Excel and ability to learn new tools.
What does high performance look like?
- You follow through with all assignments in a timely manner
- You give 100% to all tasks and projects you are given
- You actively comment and participate in group collaborations
- You will take full ownership of your projects and follow through to completion
Sounds great! Could this be me?
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Game Changers- A game changer is someone who looks at problems with an open mind and shares new ideas with team members, regularly reassesses existing plans and attaches a realistic timeline to goals, makes profitable, productive, and innovative contributions, and actively pursues improvements to Pattern’s processes and outcomes.
- Data Fanatics- A data fanatic is someone who recognizes problems and seeks to understand them through data, draws unbiased conclusions based on data that lead to actionable solutions, and continues to track the effects of the solutions using data.
- Partner Obsessed- An individual who is partner obsessed clearly explains the status of projects to partners and relies on constructive feedback, actively listens to partner’s expectations and delivers results that exceed them, prioritizes the needs of your partners, and takes the time to create a personable experience for those interacting with Pattern.
- Team of Doers- Someone who is a part of team of doers uplifts team members and recognizes their specific contributions, takes initiative to help in any circumstance, actively contributes to supporting improvements, and holds themselves accountable to the team as well as to partners.
What is the hiring process?
- An initial phone interview with Pattern’s talent acquisition team
- A video interview with a hiring manager
- A 2nd stage video interview with a presentation
- A final interview with the European General Manager
How can I stand out as an applicant?
- Be prepared to talk about professional accomplishments with specific data to quantify examples
- Be ready to talk about how you can add value and be the best addition to the team
- Focus on mentioning how you would make a difference at Pattern
- Be prepared to talk about any side projects related to data and analytics