The Head of Merchandising will own assigned ecommerce territory and product planning across the Asia Pacific Region. This position is responsible for utilizing analytical skills to make data-driven decisions which support buying, planning, and replenishment best practices. Based in Singapore and will work collaboratively with the Operations, Sales, and Finance departments at Pattern in creating demand plans to achieve Pattern’s strategic, financial, and distribution goals.
What does a Merchandising Manager do at Pattern?
- Leads special projects that drive growth, inventory productivity improvements, space and margin optimization
- Manages end-to-end demand planning and allocation optimization, including in-stock and service levels for assigned departments
- Builds bottoms-up plans by territory and channel to align with financial plan based on merchant insights, sell-thru data, historical trend, and seasonal initiatives
- Informs segmented assortment strategies using quantitative market analysis
- Partners with Ecommerce Manager, Finance, and Product Teams to achieve APAC revenue and margin targets
- Provides seasonal planning guidance to Merchandising and Product Management through volume demand and SKU efficiency analysis
- Ensures regional category merchandising plans align with their respective financial plan for all APAC region
- Identifies demand forecast risks and develop effective mitigation plans
- Creates and communicates new item and ad item forecasts to vendors and merchandising partners
- Supports the leadership team by presenting within various meetings for the company (i.e. Marketing meetings, Assortment Reviews, Open-To-Buy, Vendor, Quarterly Business Reviews and other meetings)
- Manages high-levels of inventory in-stock using data backed solutions to reduce stock outs while controlling capital usage
- Fosters brand relationships through prompt communication and managing orders weekly
- Runs excel models to understand data trends, provide brand forecasts, and implement solutions to better manage inventory supply
What will I need to thrive in this role?
- Bachelor degree or above
- At least 10 years' experience of merchandise planning within ecommerce business
- Knowledgeable in product forecasting, statistical modeling and / or strategic planning
- Multi-channel functionality in two or more APAC markets
- Experience in ecommerce or retail sales analysis
- Strong cross functional collaboration required
- Deep analytical skills and ability to clearly communicate analysis to broad audience
- Sound Organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Advanced Tableau and Microsoft Excel skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English – Asian languages are a bonus (Mandarin, Cantonese)
- Cheerful personality, able to withstand greater work pressure.
What is Pattern about?
At Pattern, we are
Data Fanatics: Our edge is always found in the data
Partner Obsessed: We put our partners first
Team of Doers: We have a bias for action
Game Changers: We encourage innovation
Why should I work at Pattern?
Pattern offers big opportunities to make a difference in the ecommerce accelerator industry! We are a company full of talented industry experts that evolves quickly and often, we set big goals and work tirelessly to achieve them, and we love our Pattern family. We also believe in having fun and balancing our lives, so we offer awesome benefits that include
- Paid Holidays and Sick Leave
- Company Paid Providence Fund
- Casual Dress Code
- Competitive Pay
- Medical Insurance
What is the hiring process?
- An initial video call with Pattern's talent acquisition team
- One or two video interviews with management team
- Assignment presentation to a panel of department leaders