Pattern is the leading partner for global ecommerce, helping brands like Nestle, Pandora, Panasonic, Skullcandy & Kong attain profitable ecommerce growth and control. Ranked among the top 5 Amazon sellers globally, Pattern has over 700 employees across 13 global sites. Pattern offers marketplace management services for brands as well as strategic consultancy services worldwide, providing a full suite of monitoring, compliance, advertising, creative and distribution services for hundreds of brands.
The Pattern EMEA team needs a people-oriented, analytical and detailed person to oversee our marketplace compliance efforts. This pivotal new role will oversee our account health across marketplaces in Europe and the Middle East (Amazon and eBay). This person will work with the Senior Leadership team to build operating frameworks for internal workflows and checks and balances. The role will also have regulatory oversight, building up and managing processes for meeting the market regulations in key categories such as supplements, electronics and food across Europe. This includes identifying strategic partners who can support as well as determining requirements and establishing processes for labelling and meeting other regulatory obligations. The successful candidate will work closely with our brand management team to proactively ensure policy compliance.
The ideal candidate will preferably have some experience with Amazon, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to work proactively to manage performance. Training will be provided.
Based in our modern and friendly central London office, we offer a competitive salary, a great team culture plus a range of other benefits. Alternatively, this role could be based remotely in the European Time Zone or anywhere in the UK.
- Proactively address potential issues, working closely with the brand management team to ensure compliance across all brands
- Determine risk profile for brands and markets, ensuring potential issues addressed as early as possible
- Establish and maintain internal compliance framework around pricing, master product data and maintaining clean listings on marketplaces
- Monitor and seek resolutions for notifications of potential breaches on Amazon and localised marketplaces
- Work closely with the Account Health Team in the US in order to have a uniform global approach
- Collaborate and communicate challenges and solutions with the account health team and senior stakeholders
- Audit the Pattern catalogue regularly to ensure compliance with ecommerce marketplace policies
- Monitor and update restricted keywords and products on ecommerce marketplaces
- Monitor marketplace policies with a focus on new and changing policies
- Understand and monitor changes to EU regulations regarding relevant topics e.g. local language labelling requirements at a category/product level
- Oversee Product Compliance – determine process for meeting Regulatory requirements both in market and on marketplace platforms
- Research and source legal country requirements for bringing products to market. Work with the Sales and Brand Management teams to ensure new and existing brands are meeting expectations and improvements are communicated to our partners.
- Source and liaise with consulting firms to support our Partners with the international regulatory and labelling processes where and when needed
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent third-level qualification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill and problem solver
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Precise attention to detail
- Tenacious approach to problem solving
- Able to cope well with ambiguity
- A can-do attitude and eagerness to learn
- Minimum 3 years experience in project management
- 1+ years' experience with ecommerce, marketplace or digital platforms
- Basic familiarity with Amazon and Seller / Vendor Central
- Previous experience working under pressure with tight deadlines