Pattern is the premier partner for global ecommerce acceleration and is headquartered in Utah's Silicon Slopes tech hub—with offices in Asia, Australia, Europe, the Middle East, and North America. Valued at $2 billion, Pattern has been named one of the fast growing tech companies in North America by Deloitte and one of best-led companies in America by Inc. More than 100 global brands—like Nestle, Sylvania, Kong, Panasonic, Sorel, Skullcandy, and Popsockets—rely on Pattern's global ecommerce acceleration platform to scale their business around the world.
Pattern’s growth, success, and talented team led to raising $225M of growth funding in October 2021 at a $2 billion valuation.If you have a whole lot of hustle and a touch of nerd, and your enjoyment at work comes from seeking to understand your customers (qual and quant), then solving their pain points with valuable end-to-end solutions, then Pattern is the place for you.
The Senior UX Designer will drive the UX design of our products for Pattern’s expansion in China and Southeast Asia. We believe a key to Pattern reaching its full potential is success in China, Singapore, Malaysia and more. You will lead the way in integrating our systems with marketplaces like JD.com, TMall, Shopee, and Lazada.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a day in the life of a Sr. UX Designer?
- Research our users with a passion for how they think and work
- Gain expert understanding of worldwide ecommerce marketplaces
- Stay informed on the competitive space
- Assemble wireframes using our pre-designed interface patterns
- Design innovative user interactions for core business workflows
- Tell the story with outstanding spoken and written communication
- Define, document, and present software requirements
- Collaborate with our product and development teams
- Conduct user testing
- Ensure quality of the product UX
- Continually learn about new UX concepts and share with UX team
What will I need to thrive in this role?
- Bachelor's degree in HCI, Visual Design, Industrial Design, Psychology, or other related degree
- 4+ years experience with UX related responsibilities
- Basic understanding of Adobe XD (if you’ve used Sketch or any other design platform, you’ll pick it up in no time)
- Experience working with e-commerce in China and Southeast Asia, such as JD, TMall, Shopee and Lazada
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
What does high performance look like?
- You follow through with all assignments in a timely manner
- You give 100% to all tasks and projects you are given
- You actively comment and participate in group collaborations
- You will take full ownership of your projects and follow through to completion
Sounds great! Could this be me?
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Game Changers- A game changer is someone who looks at problems with an open mind and shares new ideas with team members, regularly reassesses existing plans and attaches a realistic timeline to goals, makes profitable, productive, and innovative contributions, and actively pursues improvements to Pattern’s processes and outcomes.
- Data Fanatics- A data fanatic is someone who recognizes problems and seeks to understand them through data, draws unbiased conclusions based on data that lead to actionable solutions, and continues to track the effects of the solutions using data.
- Partner Obsessed- An individual who is partner obsessed clearly explains the status of projects to partners and relies on constructive feedback, actively listens to partner’s expectations and delivers results that exceed them, prioritizes the needs of your partners, and takes the time to create a personable experience for those interacting with Pattern.
- Team of Doers- Someone who is a part of team of doers uplifts team members and recognizes their specific contributions, takes initiative to help in any circumstance, actively contributes to supporting improvements, and holds themselves accountable to the team as well as to partners.
What is the hiring process?
- An initial phone interview with Pattern’s talent acquisition team
- A video interview with a hiring manager
- A panel interview with department leaders
How can I stand out as an applicant?
- Have a strong portfolio with case studies showing your process and problem solving abilities
- Be prepared to talk about professional accomplishments with detailed results
- Be ready to talk about how you can add value and be the best addition to the team
- Focus on mentioning how you would make a difference at Pattern