Pattern is a leading eCommerce accelerator with offices across the globe offering outsourced marketplace and ecommerce management services for brands worldwide. The Pattern Ecommerce Acceleration Platform leverages AI-powered technology, industry expertise, and global distribution, logistics, and fulfilment services to help quality brands scale profitably on their own websites and through hundreds of marketplaces. Pattern works with some of the most recognized brands such as Pandora, Skullcandy, Nestle, Kong and it ranks among the top 5 Amazon sellers globally. Pattern has over 1100 employees across the globe and in November 2021 it received $225M in funding making us a double unicorn.
Pattern is expanding and we are looking for a Senior Performance Marketing Specialist to join our European Team in London to support the scaling of the business by driving the performance of the brands we represent on Amazon and other Marketplaces.
This is a commercial role reporting into the Head of Advertising and has European wide responsibilities. The person will directly manage some strategic accounts while also managing a small team of Performance Marketing Executives.
Your brand portfolio includes strategic brands that you’ll be managing directly as well as brands that are managed by your direct team. You will be responsible for the advertising performance of the brands you manage directly, while also be accountable for the brands managed by your direct team. You’ll work in partnership with your brands portfolio to define the digital marketing strategy and objective.
You will own the Advertising budgeting and forecasting process for your brands’ portfolio by working cross-functionally with Operations, Content, Advertising, Creative, Merchandising and Finance.
The core responsibilities of the Senior Performance Marketing Specialist reflect the following:
- Own the end-to-end definitions and implementation of advertising plan for your brands’ portfolio (which includes brands that you’ll be managed directly as well as brands that are managed by you direct team).
- Responsible for the execution and optimization of all Ads activities for your brands portfolio.
- Own and manage the advertising budgeting process and forward-looking plan for your portfolio of brands in alignment with Merchandising, Brand Management and Finance.
- Own client marketing& advertising relationships, leading day to day communications and ads operations.
- Provide Ads proposal to individual brand to meet sales/ROAS/IS (or any other relevant metric) targets and in line with brand specific strategies.
- Provide expertise and be the go-to for any Amazon/Google performance marketing support within Pattern.
- Line manage and develop a team of ads executives to deliver on core KPIs, support functional objectives and enable career development.
Deliver client satisfaction results of 9+ by proactively addressing quarterly feedback.
- Define and implement Ads strategy supporting overarching Brand strategy in alignment with BM and Merch
- Continue to improve team’ productivity through innovation (e.g. improving existing tech capabilities, automation, etc), offshoring or streamlined processes.
What will I need to thrive in this role?
- 2-4 years’ experience in the world of performance marketing (online is essential, multichannel ideal).
- Line management experience essential
- Experience in directly managing Google or Amazon campaigns, with a strong working knowledge of Amazon, Google, and social channels
- Strong client management experience supported by excellent verbal and written communication and inter-personal skills
- Advanced numeracy and data skills
- Humble and leads by example
- Analytical and able to make sense of data and complexity.
- Independent, highly motivated, and focused on outcomes. A proactive nature, problem and innovative solver.
- Able to deal with ambiguity and to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up-type environment by pivoting priorities. Excellent time management and organisation skills to prioritise workloads effectively.
- 2:1 degree or above.
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Game Changers - Someone who looks at problems with an open mind and shares new ideas with team members, regularly reassesses existing plans and attaches a realistic timeline to goals, makes profitable, productive, and innovative contributions, and actively pursues improvements to Pattern’s processes and outcomes.
- Data Fanatics - Someone who recognizes problems and seeks to understand them through data, draws unbiased conclusions based on data that lead to actionable solutions, and continues to track the effects of the solutions using data.
- Partner Obsessed - Someone who is partner obsessed clearly explains the status of projects to partners and relies on constructive feedback, actively listens to partner’s expectations, and delivers results that exceed them, prioritizes the needs of your partners, and takes the time to create a personable experience for those interacting with Pattern.
- Team of Doers - Someone who is a part of team of doers uplifts team members and recognizes their specific contributions, takes initiative to help in any circumstance, actively contributes to supporting improvements, and holds themselves accountable to the team as well as to partners.
What is the hiring process?
- An initial phone interview with Pattern’s talent acquisition team
- A video interview with a hiring manager
- A 2nd stage video interview with a case study in the form of presentation
- A final interview with the European General Manager
How can I stand out as an applicant?
- Be clear, concise, and specific when explaining a point (STAR model and answer first are the suggested frameworks)
- Be prepared to talk about professional accomplishments with specific data to quantify examples
- Be ready to talk about how you can add value and be the best addition to the team
- Focus on mentioning how you would make a difference at Pattern
- Be prepared to talk about any side projects related to data and analytics