Are you obsessed with data, partner success, taking action, and changing the game? If you have a whole lot of hustle and a touch of nerd, come work with Pattern! We want you to use your skills to push one of the fastest-growing companies in the US to the top of the list.
Pattern (and its sister company, Village) is the premier partner for global ecommerce acceleration. We are headquartered in Utah's Silicon Slopes tech hub, and we have offices in Asia, Australia, Europe, the Middle East, and North America. Valued at $2 billion, Pattern has been named one of the fastest-growing tech companies in North America by Deloitte and one of best-led companies in America by Inc. More than 100 global brands like Nestle, Sylvania, Kong, Panasonic, Sorel, Skullcandy, and Popsockets rely on Pattern's global ecommerce acceleration platform to scale their business around the world.
Village is a sister company of Pattern. At Village, we acquire consumer brands and accelerate their growth using data science, design, retail expertise, and global expansion. In the next five years, we’re planning to acquire and build our own Brand portfolio of 25+ brands!
We need a Supply and Demand Manager for our Village Brands team. The Village Brands Supply and Demand Manager will be responsible for all aspects of demand forecasting, logistics and supply planning for our Village Brands. You will lead the monthly activities that will improve demand forecasting while reducing inventory, costs and improving our go-to market execution.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a day in the life of a Supply and Demand Manager?
- Lead the execution of demand/supply planning and implementation of process
- Manage Village Brand domestic warehouses and partner with Patterns locations
- Conducts continuous analysis of POS, shipments and retailer inventory data to compare to forecasts
- Partner with product development, marketing, and sales to effectively manage new product introductions, discontinued products and promotions
- Maintain targeted inventory levels that align to financial goals and metrics
- Maximize freight efficiencies globally through Village and Patterns network
- Development of short-term and long-term supply plans
- Track Shipments, updating delivery schedules and delivery dates
- Establish Min/Max safety stock guidelines that optimize inventory and service
- Identifying and resolving conflicts with respect to materials and capacity availability
- Work with and evaluate supply base to minimize costs
What will I need to thrive in this role?
- Experience working with overseas manufactures, suppliers and vendors
- 3-5 years of consumer goods work experience in Forecasting, Sales Analysis, Demand Planning, Supply Planning and Inventory Management
- Experience understanding retail and market trends and their impact on supply chain
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
What is the team like?
- This role will report directly into Blair Haskins, VP of Sales for Village Brands. You will also work with members of Trophy Skin, one of Village Brands’ acquired brands. This team is data driven and results oriented. You will collaborate regularly with members of your team to implement actionable solutions. Ideas and input are encouraged from all members.
Sounds great! What is the company culture?
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Game Changers - A game changer is someone who looks at problems with an open mind and shares new ideas with team members, regularly reassesses existing plans and attaches a realistic timeline to goals, makes profitable, productive, and innovative contributions, and actively pursues improvements to Pattern’s processes and outcomes.
- Data Fanatics - A data fanatic is someone who recognizes problems and seeks to understand them through data, draws unbiased conclusions based on data that lead to actionable solutions, and continues to track the effects of the solutions using data.
- Partner Obsessed - An individual who is partner obsessed clearly explains the status of projects to partners and relies on constructive feedback, actively listens to partner’s expectations, and delivers results that exceed them, prioritizes the needs of your partners, and takes the time to create a personable experience for those interacting with Pattern.
- Team of Doers - Someone who is a part of team of doers uplifts team members and recognizes their specific contributions, takes initiative to help in any circumstance, actively contributes to supporting improvements, and holds themselves accountable to the team as well as to partners.
What is the hiring process?
- Initial phone interview with Pattern’s talent acquisition team
- Video interview with Blair Haskins, VP of Sales of Village Brands
- Video interview with another member of the team
- Video interview with Todd Boerema, President of Village Brands
- Professional reference checks
- Executive review
How can I stand out as an applicant?
- Be prepared to talk about professional accomplishments with specific data to quantify examples
- Be ready to talk about how you can add value and be the best addition to the team
- Focus on mentioning how you would be partner obsessed at Pattern
- Be prepared to talk about any side projects related to data and analytics
Why should I work at Pattern (Village)?
Pattern offers big opportunities to make a difference in the e-commerce industry! We are a company full of talented people that evolves quickly and often. We set big goals, work tirelessly to achieve them, and we love our Pattern community. We also believe in having fun and balancing our lives, so we offer awesome benefits that include
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Holidays
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Casual Dress Code
- Competitive Pay
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
Pattern provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.