Pattern Inc is the leading partner for global ecommerce, representing brands such as Pandora, North Face, Rituals and Ice Breaker on online marketplaces. Ranked among the top five Amazon sellers globally, Pattern has more than 1000 employees around the world; including our Munich office, where this role is based.
With a unique stock buy model. Pattern purchase product and offer an end-to-end marketplace solution, managing everything from account management, content & marketing to customer service.
Pattern also act as a global distributor with an Amazon/marketplace first approach for both partner brands looking to expand into new markets and for our own brands which we have acquired within our ‘Pattern Village’ function.
We now looking for an experienced Head of Strategic Alliances to own business development with industry executives and influencers across Europe. This person will be seasoned in executive-level interactions and will own identification of target relationships, relationship building, and driving of Pattern pipeline with these audiences.
The purpose of this role is to create partnerships with influential and connected companies/ executives. These partnerships will help Pattern to create opportunities to grow and expand, whether that be through brand exposure or referrals
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of forging relationships with key stakeholders and understand how to leverage these alliances to create mutually beneficial business opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a day in the life of a Head of Alliances?
- Work with cross-functional teams to prioritize relationships across companies, key opinion leaders, and investors in the Ecommerce space
- Establish and maintain relationships with companies and executive opinion leaders (c-suite, keynote speakers, influencers), pitching Pattern’s business model and negotiating referral and business agreements
- Manage day-to-day operations for Executive Programs at Pattern including collaboration on referral pipeline with account executives, payout of referral fees to executives, account target lists, and prioritization of executive relationships for the highest impact to Pattern
- Analyze and report on executive partnership initiatives, forecast for strategic changes and report on key metrics
What will I need to thrive in this role?
- A bachelor’s degree is required, master’s preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience, preferred in sales and/or partnership management
- Proven track record of working to and exceeding sales or partnership sales quotas
- High-level communication skills and executive presence
- Strong attention to detail and a bias for action
- Direct eCommerce and/or Retail experience
Sounds great! Could this be me?
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Game Changers- A game changer is someone who looks at problems with an open mind and shares new ideas with team members, regularly reassesses existing plans and attaches a realistic timeline to goals, makes profitable, productive, and innovative contributions, and actively pursues improvements to Pattern’s processes and outcomes.
- Data Fanatics- A data fanatic is someone who recognizes problems and seeks to understand them through data, draws unbiased conclusions based on data that lead to actionable solutions, and continues to track the effects of the solutions using data.
- Partner Obsessed- An individual who is partner obsessed clearly explains the status of projects to partners and relies on constructive feedback, actively listens to partner’s expectations and delivers results that exceed them, prioritizes the needs of your partners, and takes the time to create a personable experience for those interacting with Pattern.
- Team of Doers- Someone who is a part of team of doers uplifts team members and recognizes their specific contributions, takes initiative to help in any circumstance, actively contributes to supporting improvements, and holds themselves accountable to the team as well as to partners.
What is the hiring process?
- An initial phone interview with Pattern’s talent acquisition team
- A video interview with a hiring manager
- A video interview with a presentation
- A final meet and greet interview with the European General Manager
How can I stand out as an applicant?
- Be prepared to talk about professional accomplishments with specific data to quantify examples
- Be ready to talk about how you can add value and be the best addition to the team
- Focus on mentioning how you would make a difference at Pattern
- Be prepared to talk about any side projects related to data and analytics