Are you obsessed with data, partner success, taking action, and changing the game? If you have a whole lot of hustle and a touch of nerd, come work with Pattern! We want you to use your skills to push one of the fastest-growing companies in the US to the top of the list.
Borderless Distribution is the fulfillment and distribution arm of our sister company, Pattern. Pattern is the premier partner for global e-commerce acceleration. We are headquartered in Utah's Silicon Slopes tech hub, and we have offices in Asia, Australia, Europe, the Middle East, and North America. Valued at $2 billion, Pattern has been named one of the fastest-growing tech companies in North America by Deloitte and one of best-led companies in America by Inc. More than 100 global brands like Nestle, Sylvania, Kong, Panasonic, Sorel, Skullcandy, and Popsockets rely on Pattern's global e-commerce acceleration platform to scale their business around the world.
Borderless Distribution is seeking an IT Support Genius to support the technical operations and employees in Hebron, KY. Your role will ensure that client systems are running efficiently by performing updates and maintenance tasks on hardware and software, resolving technical problems, and overseeing activity levels. You will also provide technical support and guidance to end-users. This is a full-time role and will work an on-site schedule in Hebron, KY.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a day in the life of an IT Support Genius?
- Responsible for maintenance and reliable operation of computer systems and networking equipment
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests through tickets, emails, DMs and phone calls
- Work closely with the Systems Administration team to solve complex issues
- Set up accounts and workstations in compliance to IT policies and procedures
- Ensure security through established access controls and procedures
- Troubleshoot networking hardware and internet connectivity
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, performing, and documenting resolutions
- Perform desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- Responsible for working IT tickets in various locations, but mostly with issues in Hebron, KY warehouse
- Willing to be on call for 3rd shift issues, flexibility to come in early to resolve 3rd shift requests
- Assist on other IT projects when there are no immediate IT helpdesk ticket needs
What will I need to thrive in this role?
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Admin or closely related field, or equivalent experience
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Knowledge of how networking equipment operates
- Knowledge of networking protocols such as DNS, STP, WAN, LAN, etc.
- Basic understanding of firewalls
- Experience with basic Office 365 administration and Microsoft Exchange
- Strong ability to follow helpdesk and IT operations best practices such as security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Advanced technical understanding of Microsoft Windows OS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effectively prioritize tasks based on level of severity
What will make me stand out in this role?
- Experience administrating Google Workspaces suite
- Knowledge of Ubiquiti and Fortinet equipment and their respective interfaces
- Knowledge of Macintosh OS and respective hardware
- Basic understanding of scripting and automation
- Experience configuring and maintaining firewall rules
What is the team like?
You will be a part of Pattern's IT team, reporting directly into our CIO, Jed Brunson. You will also work directly with all members of the Borderless team in Hebron, Kentucky, where the role is located, and interface frequently with them. This team is data driven and results oriented. You will collaborate regularly with members of your team to implement actionable solutions. Ideas and input are encouraged from all members.
Sounds great! What is the company culture?
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Game Changers - A game changer is someone who looks at problems with an open mind and shares new ideas with team members, regularly reassesses existing plans and attaches a realistic timeline to goals, makes profitable, productive, and innovative contributions, and actively pursues improvements to Pattern’s processes and outcomes.
- Data Fanatics - A data fanatic is someone who recognizes problems and seeks to understand them through data, draws unbiased conclusions based on data that lead to actionable solutions, and continues to track the effects of the solutions using data.
- Partner Obsessed - An individual who is partner obsessed clearly explains the status of projects to partners and relies on constructive feedback, actively listens to partner’s expectations, and delivers results that exceed them, prioritizes the needs of your partners, and takes the time to create a personable experience for those interacting with Pattern.
- Team of Doers - Someone who is a part of team of doers uplifts team members and recognizes their specific contributions, takes initiative to help in any circumstance, actively contributes to supporting improvements, and holds themselves accountable to the team as well as to partners.
What is the hiring process?
- Initial phone interview with Pattern’s talent acquisition team
- Video interview with a hiring manager
- Video interview with Jed Brunson, CIO
- Onsite warehouse tour
- Professional reference checks
- Executive review
How can I stand out as an applicant?
- Be prepared to talk about professional accomplishments with specific data to quantify examples
- Be ready to talk about how you can add value and be the best addition to the team
- Focus on mentioning how you would be partner obsessed at Pattern
- Be prepared to talk about any side projects related to data and analytics
Why should I work at Pattern (Borderless)?
Pattern offers big opportunities to make a difference in the e-commerce industry! We are a company full of talented people that evolves quickly and often. We set big goals, work tirelessly to achieve them, and we love our Pattern community. We also believe in having fun and balancing our lives, so we offer awesome benefits that include
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Casual Dress Code
- Competitive Pay
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
Pattern provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.