Are you obsessed with data, partner success, taking action, and changing the game? If you have a whole lot of hustle and a touch of nerd, come work with Pattern and use your skills to push one of the fastest-growing companies in the US to the top of the list!
Pattern is the premier partner for global ecommerce acceleration and is headquartered in Utah's Silicon Slopes tech hub—with offices in Asia, Australia, Europe, the Middle East, and North America. Valued at $2 billion, Pattern has been named one of the fast growing tech companies in North America by Deloitte and one of best-led companies in America by Inc. More than 100 global brands—like Nestle, Sylvania, Kong, Panasonic, Sorel, Skullcandy, and Popsockets—rely on Pattern's global ecommerce acceleration platform to scale their business around the world.
Pattern is seeking a highly-skilled HRIS (Workday) administrator to manage our HR technologies and to support the maintenance and ongoing rollout of Workday as our platform for all things HR (Compensation, Learning, Talent, Recruiting, Time, Absence, and Benefits). This individual will be the technical lead for day-to-day operations of the Workday platform and will be responsible for recommending and implementing business processes, reporting, dashboards, integrations, feeds, and configurations that enable Workday to maximize organizational and business performance.
To be successful in this role, candidates should possess extensive experience in Workday administration and have the ability to align Workday expertise with knowledge of human resources to optimize our organization’s HR practices.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a day in the life of an HRIS Administrator?
- Collaborating with HR managers and other stakeholders to determine HRIS needs
- Providing training and technical support to HR team, managers, and employees
- Developing and implementing new processes and systems for efficient HR management
- Optimizing HRIS processes, integrating new software, and performing diagnostic tests
- Maintaining databases, analyzing data, ensuring data integrity, and running queries
- Recording and securely storing HR metrics, including attendance and employee performance data
- Auditing HR processes and documents, including payroll administration, staff turnover, hiring, and termination of service, when required
- Work closely with the Workday Project Manager to help drive the successful implementation of Workday throughout all global locations
- Respond quickly to complex situations by researching and resolving HRIS problems such as unexpected results or workflow flaws
- Carry out testing activities and recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements
- Manage system upgrades and ensure open lines of communication with all Workday users
- Developing and implementing efficient and effective business processes to capture employee data changes using HRIS systems functionality
- Maintaining constant focus on optimizing, improving and streamlining Workday
- Managing any new implementations or functionality additions, working closely with IT, HR, and finance/accounting team.
- Set-up and testing of core Workday and HR systems for any mergers and acquisitions
What will I need to thrive in this role?
- A bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science, business administration, HR management, or similar.
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a Workday HRIS administrator
- Advanced proficiency in database management and security
- Extensive experience in analyzing HRIS performance metrics and improving processes
- Experience in performing diagnostic tests and audits, as well as documenting processes
- Exceptional ability to collaborate, provide technical support, and to train staff
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Workday training or certification is a plus
- Self-motivated individual that collaborates well with other technical and non-technical staff to accomplish project objectives
What are the first 30/60/90 day expectations?
First 30 days:
- Get up to speed on our Workday implementation and bring your expertise into the process
- Observe Pattern's processes, business practices, and culture to better understand how Workday can be optimized for our organization
First 60 days:
- Continue to ensure the success of our implementation and provide guidance based on observations
- Meet with company/department stakeholders to understand pain-points and potential solutions with Workday
First 90 days:
- Continue to ensure the success of our implementation and provide guidance based on stakeholder meetings
- Work with HR to prepare employee and management trainings around Workday functionality and best practices
- Become familiar with back-end configuration in Workday including enhancements, testing and collaborating with internal employees to ensure continued solutions.
What does high performance look like?
- You follow through with all assignments in a timely manner
- You give 100% to all tasks and projects you are given
- You actively comment and participate in group collaborations
- You will take full ownership of your projects and follow through to completion
What is the team like?
- You will work with the other members of the Human Resources team and report to the Chief People Officer. This team is data-driven and results-oriented. You will collaborate regularly with members of your team to implement actionable solutions. Ideas and input are encouraged from all members.
Sounds great! What’s the company culture?
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Game Changers- A game changer is someone who looks at problems with an open mind and shares new ideas with team members, regularly reassesses existing plans and attaches a realistic timeline to goals, makes profitable, productive, and innovative contributions, and actively pursues improvements to Pattern’s processes and outcomes.
- Data Fanatics- A data fanatic is someone who recognizes problems and seeks to understand them through data, draws unbiased conclusions based on data that lead to actionable solutions, and continues to track the effects of the solutions using data.
- Partner Obsessed- An individual who is partner obsessed clearly explains the status of projects to partners and relies on constructive feedback, actively listens to partner’s expectations, and delivers results that exceed them, prioritizes the needs of your partners, and takes the time to create a personable experience for those interacting with Pattern.
- Team of Doers- Someone who is a part of team of doers uplifts team members and recognizes their specific contributions, takes initiative to help in any circumstance, actively contributes to supporting improvements, and holds themselves accountable to the team as well as to partners.
What is the hiring process?
- Initial phone interview with Pattern’s talent acquisition team
- Video interview with a hiring manager
- Onsite interview with a panel of department leaders
- Professional reference checks
- Executive review
How can I stand out as an applicant?
- Be prepared to talk about professional accomplishments with specific data to quantify examples
- Be ready to talk about how you can add value and be the best addition to the team
- Focus on mentioning how you would be partner obsessed at Pattern
- Be prepared to talk about any side projects related to data and analytics
Why should I work at Pattern?
Pattern offers big opportunities to make a difference in the ecommerce industry! We are a company full of talented people that evolves quickly and often. We set big goals, work tirelessly to achieve them, and we love our Pattern community.
Pattern provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. #LI-CB3 #LI-Hybrid