Pattern is a leading eCommerce marketing, technology, and distribution company located in the Silicon Slopes tech hub in Utah, with global offices in Europe, China, Australia, the Middle East and Canada. Pattern is one of the fastest growing companies in the Inc. 500 with over $400M in 2020 revenues, and is already profitable. Some of the biggest consumer brands like Nestle, Sylvania, Kong, Panasonic, Sorel, Skullcandy, and Popsockets trust Pattern with their business. Pattern has recruited talent from top tech companies including Amazon, Apple, Google, eBay, Oracle, and Adobe.
This position is responsible to manage directly or through delegation, one or more software development teams focused on one or more products. Subordinates consist of all or part of the personnel necessary for the successful development of the software (Managers, Analysts, Quality Assurance Engineers, Software Engineers, Architects, Project Managers, etc.). Oversee all or part of analysis, quality assurance, software engineering, and project management efforts
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct backlog grooming session with product managers
- Conduct scrum and sprint planning meeting with developers and QA members in US and offshore office
- Work with product manager to write user stories and acceptance criteria to help size individual tasks during sprint planning process
- Understand the technical requirements associated with each task and communicate these requirements with developers and QAs
- Work with product managers to manage and implement agile software development methodology to maximize output of assigned resources
- Collaborate with product owner to help maintain product roadmap and product strategy
- Maintains tight communication with development teams through voice calls and timely email correspondence
- Takes complete ownership of urgent and immediate bugs and ensures timely resolution by coordinating US and offshore resources and following up until issues are resolved
- Conduct Sprint Retrospective to increase quality and effectiveness of each sprint
- Ensures high sprint delivery rate during each sprint.
- Ensures product quality by consistently verifying features and major use cases throughout development and on production
- Travel couple of times in a year to spend time with offshore teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- 4 - 6 years of experience in software development process
- Strong understanding and practical experience of Agile Methodology
- Experience in working with multiple teams spread across the Globe
- Proven analytical/technical aptitude with excellent problem-solving skills
- Leadership experience in coaching, mentoring and knowledge transfer
- Excellent communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple/detail-oriented tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information System or related fields
Nice to Have Qualifications:
- Familiar with any software programming languages
- Understanding of databases and writing SQLs
What We're About:
- Data Fanatics: Our edge is always found in the data
- Partner Obsessed: We are obsessed with partner success
- Team of Doers: We have a bias for action
- Game Changers: We encourage innovation
Pattern provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.