Pattern is a leading ecommerce accelerator headquartered in the Silicon Slopes tech hub in Utah, and one of the fastest growing businesses in the USA. Valued at $2 billion, the business raised $225m in Series B funding in 2021 to allow us to continue to expand, working with brands such as Nestle, Pandora, Adidas and Skullcandy. Our UK office is in London’s Soho; and we offer a friendly working environment, competitive salary and a chance to profit from the company’s success with an allocation of RSUs (restricted stock units) given to every new joiner.
This role sits in our international marketing team based in London and has responsibility for maximising the value of the data we hold and can obtain. You will provide data and insights from Pattern and third-party data sources and be the team expert on all data and data manipulation matters. You will play an active role in measuring and monitoring marketing effectiveness and support the team with budgeting, budget monitoring and finance admin.
This role will suit a data driven graduate who’s passionate about marketing and has strong excel and data analysis skills.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a day in the life of a Graduate Marketing Analyst?
You will support the Marketing team, with responsibilities including:
- Provide data and insights from our own and third-party data sources to support the work of the international marketing team, particularly for content creation
- Be the team expert on all data and data manipulation matters – particularly supporting the rest of the team in their use of Excel
- Measure and monitor marketing effectiveness, particularly the team’s core KPIs, to improve the value of our marketing dollars
- Support the Head of International marketing with budgeting, budget monitoring and finance administration
- Provide data and insights that the marketing team can use in marketing content and campaigns including ebooks, blogs, event presentations, case studies, email marketing and social posts
- Use Excel and other tools to turn raw data into insights that can be used by the rest of the team in their work
- Be the team expert on using Excel, helping the rest of the team to improve their skills and knowledge so that they can better self-serve
- Track marketing performance against core KPIs, plus support the team to monitor and measure effectiveness of individual marketing channels and campaigns
- Build and maintain multi-region & multi-currency marketing budget documents and track spend against budget
- Support the Global Head of Marketing with bottom-up annual marketing budget process
- Support on other ad-hoc finance admin tasks related to marketing spend and marketing invoices
What will I need to thrive in this role?
- Degree educated
- Some experience of work – ideally a year in industry / internship as a minimum
- Advanced Excel skills are essential for this role
- Highly numerate
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure
- Ability to interpret data, to turn numbers into genuine insights
- Ambitious and interested in developing subject matter expertise in ecommerce/marketplaces
- Fluent in English
- Ability to communicate in Mandarin (desirable)
Sounds great! Could this be me?
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Game Changers- A game changer is someone who looks at problems with an open mind and shares new ideas with team members, regularly reassesses existing plans and attaches a realistic timeline to goals, makes profitable, productive, and innovative contributions, and actively pursues improvements to Pattern’s processes and outcomes.
- Data Fanatics- A data fanatic is someone who recognizes problems and seeks to understand them through data, draws unbiased conclusions based on data that lead to actionable solutions, and continues to track the effects of the solutions using data.
- Partner Obsessed- An individual who is partner obsessed clearly explains the status of projects to partners and relies on constructive feedback, actively listens to partner’s expectations and delivers results that exceed them, prioritizes the needs of your partners, and takes the time to create a personable experience for those interacting with Pattern.
- Team of Doers- Someone who is a part of team of doers uplifts team members and recognizes their specific contributions, takes initiative to help in any circumstance, actively contributes to supporting improvements, and holds themselves accountable to the team as well as to partners.
What is the hiring process?
- An initial phone interview with Pattern’s talent acquisition team
- A video interview with a hiring manager
- An Excel skills test with one of the team
- A final cultural interview
How can I stand out as an applicant?
- Be prepared to talk about professional accomplishments with specific data to quantify examples
- Be ready to talk about how you can add value and be the best addition to the team
- Focus on mentioning how you would make a difference at Pattern
- Be prepared to talk about any side projects related to data and analytics
Why should I work at Pattern?
Pattern offers big opportunities to make a difference in the ecommerce accelerator industry! We are a company full of talented industry experts that evolves quickly and often, we set big goals and work tirelessly to achieve them, and we love our Pattern family. We also believe in having fun and balancing our lives, so we offer awesome benefits that include
- 25 days Holiday
- Competitive Pay
- Health Shield Cover (Health, Dental, Eyecare and Physio cash reimbursement plan)
- Hybrid working (3 days a week in the office)
- Free breakfast and snacks in the office
- Pension Scheme
- Summer hours on a Friday, 3pm finish (June – August)
- Regular company socials