Technical Development Manager
Pattern is a leading eCommerce data and growth company located in the Silicon Slopes tech hub and with global offices in Europe, China, Australia, the Middle East
and Canada. Named one of the fastest growing companies in the US by Inc. 500; Pattern has made its mark in the industry. Some of the biggest consumer brands like Skullcandy, Nestle, Clorox, Kong, Panasonic, Tumi and Pop
trust Pattern with their business. Pattern has recruited talent from brands like Amazon, ebay, Adobe, Pepsico, Apple, Google and Oracle. Think you have what it takes to work at Pattern? If you have a whole lot of hustle and a touch of nerd, Pattern is the place for you.
We're looking for a dynamic, people oriented, highly analytical person to join our development team in Pattern’s Pune office. This role will work on and lead team of 15-20 engineers to develop and maintain Pattern’s eCommerce SAAS applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee development teams to ideate software solutions
- Develop, analyze and make recommendations on Solutions/Products throughout the product lifecycleDevelop, analyze and make recommendations on Solutions/Products throughout the product lifecycle
- Oversee and participate in the product development process including SOW, research, technology, design, testing, etc.
- Maintain ongoing research for future industry, product and technology trends
- Manage and deliver Engineering Roadmap Communications
- Identify and report on Department KPI’s to executive team
- Must continuously demonstrate model behavior in the area of cross-functional cooperation and support in adherence with overall department and company objectives
- Recruit employees; assign, direct, and evaluate their work; and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
- Conduct personnel reviews for direct reports (probationary, annual, etc)
- Work with their US counterpart to conduct scrums, sprint planning and sprint retrospective
- Design and implementation of continuous integration and deployment
- Problem solving with alternative approaches and in consultation with stakeholders
- Working as part of a team, encourage innovation & best practices
- 9+ years of experience in developing, designing & managing product development teams preferably in Data Analytics and SaaS based solutions
- Experience in building & managing high performance teams working on Ruby/ROR or Java/J2EE or PHP, Cloud Stacks and AI/ML technologies
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or relevant field
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. Post
Gres, MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Solid foundation and knowledge of data structures
- Strong with ORM (Object Relational Mapping) tools
- Experience implementing testing platforms and unit tests
- Understanding of Messaging concepts and technologies Active MQ/RabbitMQ etc.
- DevOps concepts and understanding of Open source cloud technologies
- Proficiency with SVN or Git and appreciation for clean and well documented code
- Excellent verbal and written communication; experience effectively communicating with teams located across different locations
- 1+ years’ experience with eCommerce platforms
- Basic familiarity with Amazon.com, Walmart.com, and other eCommerce marketplaces
- Previous experience working in a high-stakes business environment
- Previous experience with Ruby, React and AWS
What We're About
- Data Fanatics: Our edge is always found in the data
- Partner Obsessed: We are obsessed with partner success
- Team of Doers: We have a bias for action
- Game Changers: We encourage innovation
Pattern provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.