Pattern, the leading partner for global ecommerce, helping brands like Nestle, Pandora, Panasonic, Skullcandy & Kong attain profitable ecommerce growth and control. Ranked among the top 5 Amazon sellers globally, Pattern has over 700 employees across 13 global sites. Pattern offers marketplace management services for brands as well as strategic consultancy services worldwide providing a full suite of monitoring, compliance, advertising, creative and distribution services for hundreds of brands.
The Assistant Merchandise Planner role is to drive marketplace sales through effective buying and inventory management for our European brands. This person will ensure that sales forecasts drive demand plans with a direct link between buy in and sell out. This is a pivotal role in aligning all areas of the business to deliver efficient and sustainable growth. The role is based in central London but may require travel to client offices in the UK and/or across Europe.
- Manages intake into the business, taking ownership of the ordering process and ensuring +95% availability.
- Drives a direct link between buy in and sell out through minimising OOSs, driving sell through and monitoring excess inventory.
- Runs and distributes weekly reporting, providing actionable insight into sales and inventory performance. Builds and maintains ad-hoc reports as required.
- Optimises the inventory pipeline, identifying bottle necks and need for operational priortisation and escalation.
- Works closely with brands to ensure high order fulfilment, efficient lead times, and minimal damages.
- Supports the Merchandise Planning Manager in the forecasting and phasing of demand and revenue plans.
- Supports the brand management team with preparation for QBRs providing category/brand performance and insight.
- Assists the Merchandise Planning Manager in the creation of range and sales plans for new brands as they come onboard.
- Drives operational excellence by collaborating with key partners, owning innovation projects to better the ordering process.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years working in a multiple category/brand merchandising or planning role.
- Experience in Demand and Supply Chain Planning.
- Merchandising experience covering an online channel
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrates Commercial mindset, considering both the customer and business needs.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Experience working in a client facing role
- Past experience working in a fast paced business environment
- Marketplace experience.
- Experience with the Amazon retail platform
- Understanding of the planning and trading of Seasonal areas.
- Game Changer – Possess aptitudes and ability that will change the game for Pattern in both the short and long-term.
- Data Fanatic – Demonstrates an innate ability to process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions.
- Partner Obsessed – Possesses an abundant mindset, understands how to create win-wins for the company, understands that winning for our partners depends on the quality of output.
- Attention to Detail - Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Adaptable - Able to jump between sectors and quickly gain a baseline understanding of new sectors we want to explore.
- High Emotional Intelligence – capacity to be aware of, control and express emotions and to handle interpersonal relationships empathetically. Good listening skills and adaptable where required.
- Teamwork - Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship. No ego.
- Organised and Efficient - Good at planning, prioritising, organising and multitasking.
- Self-starter: Entrepreneurial, driven, motivated and hardworking.