Senior Quality Engineer
Pattern is a leading eCommerce data and growth company located in the Silicon Slopes tech hub and with global offices in Europe, China, Australia, the Middle East, and Canada. Named one of the fastest growing companies in the US by Inc. 500; Pattern has made its mark in the industry. Some of the biggest consumer brands like Skullcandy, Nestle, Clorox, Kong, Panasonic, Tumi, and PopSockets trust Pattern with their business. Pattern has recruited talent from brands like Amazon, eBay, Adobe, Pepsico, Apple, Google and Oracle. Think you have what it takes to work at Pattern? If you have a whole lot of hustle and a touch of nerd, Pattern is the place for you.
- Valued at $2 Billion dollars in latest round of funding
- Named as One of the Best Led companies in US
- Achieved Double Unicorn status
- More than 1100+ Gamechanger Employees worldwide
- 22 Global Locations
- We are Team of Doers, Data Fanatics, Gamechangers, Partner Obsessed!
We're looking for a dynamic, technology oriented, highly analytical person to join our development team in Pattern’s Pune office. We are hiring Senior Quality Engineers who will be responsible for defining QE strategy, approach, execution and will Provide Technical Leadership that will help us and maintain Pattern’s eCommerce SaaS applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate as an active and core member of the Scrum team to ensure quality is built into products and take exposure to Agile Development Methodology.
- Participates in Sprint planning and collaborates with the Product Management team.
- MUST BE expert in Functional Automation (UI) Tool, API Automation tools.
- Exposure to the development code repository and DB architecture.
- Defining quality standards and metrics for the product and sending crisp and clear status reports to all the stakeholders, post review from team managers and taking appropriate actions accordingly.
- Provide Technical Leadership to the Scrum Team
- Create and Reviewing test cases, test scenarios, product documents based on software requirements and technical specifications, and appropriately prioritize testing tasks and test cases.
- Participate in Bug triaging and measures to prevent them.
- Be a SME for the Product
- Ensuring several quality improvement tools like Unit Test, RCA Addition etc. are part of the development cycle, in case of conflicts resolve via upper management.
- Keep raising the bar and standards of all the quality processes with every version release.
- Communication and maintaining cordial relationships with the development team and US counterpart for delivering quality products.
- Initiate succession development.
- Promoting solution-oriented and congruent approach
- Passion & Tenacity.
- 7+ years of relevant technical experience in a Senior Quality Engineer role including: process definition, release management and have extensive hands on experience.
- Strong knowledge of Testing Concepts, Defect Management, Test Case writing and reviewing of test cases.
- Excellent in Functional and Web-Based Testing
- Experience in providing Technical Leadership
- Expert in Automation Testing, API testing. Ability to write, Implement and Maintain the Test Scripts.
- Experience with creating and maintaining automation scripts with any of the automation tools.
- Professional experience working on public cloud environments like AWS, Azure, and GCP
- CSTE/CSQA/ISTQB Advanced Level certification will carry an edge.
- Good Database Knowledge, writing, and executing the complex queries.
- Experience with creating and maintaining Quality Metrics.
- Detail orientation with good organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience Requirement - Minimum 7+ Years of Experience on Automation i.e. Automation Framework Knowledge and Contribution, Test Script Building experience
- Automation Framework - POM, Hybrid Framework, Any Js based frameworks
- Automation Tools - Selenium, Cypress, Applitools
- Nice to have - CI/CD , Docker , Jenkins experience or knowledge
- Should be an API Testing/Automation Wizard :)
- API Testing - MUST have experience of testing SOAP or REST requests using either SOAP UI or POSTMAN
- SQL - Should have moderate level knowledge of SQL. Should be able to construct moderate to complex queries to fetch data
- Testing - Should be expert in Requirement analysis, Test Scenario and Test Case writing, Reviewing the Test Artifacts, Cross Team Collaboration, Eye for details.
- Scrum - Should be well versed with SCRUM and ceremonies those are followed under it.
- Communication - Excellent communication is MUST
What We're About
- Data Fanatics: Our edge is always found in the data
- Partner Obsessed: We are obsessed with partner success
- Team of Doers: We have a bias for action
- Game Changers: We encourage innovation
Pattern provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.