Pattern is a global ecommerce and marketplace growth accelerator serving a global client base from offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Utah, London, Dubai, Hong Kong, and Guangzhou.
With a strong reputation in Australia for digital marketing and ecommerce strategy and implementation, we are consistently striving for delivery excellence and partner growth across the region.
With our agency and ecommerce consulting business alongside our end Amazon reseller/wholesale offering, Pattern is a full-service ecommerce partner to likeminded brands and retailers who are focused on sustainable ecommerce growth.
We are experiencing a period of strong growth with success across some of Australia’s (and the world’s) most respected retailers and offer amazing perks like 5 weeks annual leave and flexible working arrangements.
The mission for the SEO Account Manager is to implement SEO strategies which elevate our client’s search visibility while setting clear expectations. The SEO Account Manager will work with leading ecommerce brands to bolster the growth and development of the client’s digital channels.
Our ideal candidate will hit the ground running, with a strong understanding of natural search, experience delivering high level SEO consultancy and a keen desire to learn. We’re looking for a logical and analytical thinker, with strong initiative and who takes pride in their work. As Pattern’s SEO Account Manager, you will be driven to deliver above expectations.
Reporting to the SEO Department Director, you will be a key player in the SEO team and work closely with members of the broader Digital Agency team.
- Independently manage and take ownership of a portfolio of clients
- Plan, organise and develop all client deliverables and communications
- Conduct and deliver high standard client meetings and presentations
- Conduct and create high standard client training as required
- Escalate client problems or issues with SEO Department Director in advance of them arising, or as soon as these occur
Subject Matter Expertise
- Understand and convey technical principles of SEO
- Analyse and propose solutions to client SEO issues as and when they occur
- Conduct SEO audits and competitor analysis
- Conduct Keyword Research & Keyword Mapping, Technical Audits, Backlink Analysis
- Develop content that is not only SEO-driven but can be leveraged through social channels
- Keep up to date on new developments in SEO, actively researching, testing and proposing new approaches to improving search engine rankings
- Assist in client SEO strategy when retainer renewals are planned. Ensure proposed strategy will help clients achieve their KPIs.
- Support SEO Department Director developing client proposals for new business opportunities
- Grow existing client engagements by identifying opportunity areas and selling-in to clients
- Regularly review lines of delivery to ensure they are still in accordance with best practice organic visibility
- Develop new products in line with market expectations and in anticipation of market trends.
- Develop blog content for the Pattern website to provide fresh thought-leadership within the SEO industry.
- Attend webinars and networking events where necessary.
Skills and qualifications
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working on SEO projects
- Applicants must be permitted to work permanently in Australia with no restriction on hours (e.g., citizen, permanent resident)
- BA in Marketing or a similar discipline
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- First-class ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- Strong presentation and proven client facing and communication skills
- Demonstrable interpretation of data and information gathering skills
- Use of analytics tools and ability to generate reports
- Experience with leading analytics and SEO platforms such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Screaming Frog, BrightEdge, SEMRush, Ahrefs
- Familiar with on page and off page optimisation techniques
- Highly proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience working with ecommerce clients will be a bonus
Desired Traits & Competencies
- Organisation and planning – plans, organises, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Commitment to Delivery Excellence – knows what exceptional delivery looks like and holds themselves to those standards
- Analytical skills – able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Attention to detail – does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Teamwork – reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Proactivity – acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.