Pattern is a leading ecommerce accelerator head quartered in the Silicon Slopes tech hub in Utah, with offices in Asia, Australia, Europe, Middle East, and North America. Named one of the fastest growing companies in the US by Inc. 5000, Pattern has made its mark in the industry as one of Utah’s newest unicorns valued at $2 Billion. Some of the biggest consumer brands like Google, Lululemon, Pandora and Rituals trust Pattern with their business.
Pattern offers outsourced marketplace management services for brands as well as strategic consultancy services worldwide providing a full suite of monitoring, compliance, advertising, creative and distribution services for hundreds of brands who trust Pattern with their business.
As Pattern EMEA grows, the organisation has identified the need to grow the Strategy Team and have a dedicated Strategist based in our Munich office. We are looking for ambitious, astute individuals who are keen to help define the growth strategies for our array of clients.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a day in the life of a Senior Strategist?
We are looking for a senior strategist/ consultant with experience in practically managing Vendor or 3P accounts on Amazon.
You will have worked within a brand or at a marketplace and will have deep knowledge of the complexities of working with amazon across content, marketing, buybox and logistics. Your experience will be used to support our consulting and third party brand partners to understand how they can better work with marketplaces, specifically Amazon. You will understand the benefits of a 1P v a 3P model and understand the resources needed to manage amazon internally. You clearly understand what it takes to win on Amazon.
The strategist role will sit in Munich and be the first point of call to support German HQ brands and other global partner brands with their amazon and marketplace strategy. Working closely with the main consulting team in London, you will work cross market on a regular basis and have the opportunity to work with some of our major clients such as Google, Rituals and Pandora on wider internationalisation, customer experience and DTC projects.
Ideally you would have some consulting experience working at a managing consulting business or agency or can demonstrate clear strategic thinking which enables you to quickly understand client challenges and be able to shape solutions.
You will have a strong network within Germany, have strong presentation and communication skills.
- Defining strategies for online growth for clients and supporting the implementation of best-in-class ecommerce offerings.
- Deriving insight from data and applying this to build out commercially sound strategies
- Presentation building, research and analysis, drafting proposals and pitches.
- Managing client relationships and liaising with stakeholders over email, telephone, and in meetings.
- Project managing and overseeing the final delivery of client work.
- Supporting Pattern’s Marketplace Trading arm, offering consulting support for brand partners
- Supporting clients to trade websites more effectively, including the analysis of ecommerce weekly trade reports looking at sales and other KPIs and devising strategies to improve performance
- Conducting research (competitor research, scorecards, benchmarking analysis, market research) and analysing and forecasting patterns in research data.
What will I need to thrive in this role?
- 5+ year’s experience in digital commerce (consultancy or in house)
- Experience working for a Marketplace or consulting on Marketplace strategy
- University degree in a relevant subject, or experience in ecommerce.
- Team management – managing direct reports and cross functional teams
- Demonstrable experience of managing ecommerce activity, either marketplace or direct to consumer websites
- Strategic mindset and commercial awareness.
- The ability to pull together persuasive presentations that have an engaging narrative and are also visually engaging.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Consulting experience – managing client projects
- International experience – working on sites and marketplaces across Europe and the Rest of the World
- Expert in MS Office, particularly Excel for data processing, and PPT for client presentations.
- Experience at a multichannel retailer, ideally across multiple departments.
What does high performance look like?
- You follow through with all assignments in a timely manner
- You give 100% to all tasks and projects you are given
- You actively comment and participate in group collaborations
- You will take full ownership of your projects and follow through to completion
Sounds great! Could this be me?
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Game Changers- A game changer is someone who looks at problems with an open mind and shares new ideas with team members, regularly reassesses existing plans and attaches a realistic timeline to goals, makes profitable, productive, and innovative contributions, and actively pursues improvements to Pattern’s processes and outcomes.
- Data Fanatics- A data fanatic is someone who recognizes problems and seeks to understand them through data, draws unbiased conclusions based on data that lead to actionable solutions, and continues to track the effects of the solutions using data.
- Partner Obsessed- An individual who is partner obsessed clearly explains the status of projects to partners and relies on constructive feedback, actively listens to partner’s expectations and delivers results that exceed them, prioritizes the needs of your partners, and takes the time to create a personable experience for those interacting with Pattern.
- Team of Doers- Someone who is a part of team of doers uplifts team members and recognizes their specific contributions, takes initiative to help in any circumstance, actively contributes to supporting improvements, and holds themselves accountable to the team as well as to partners.
What is the hiring process?
- An initial phone interview with Pattern’s talent acquisition team
- A video interview with a hiring manager
- A 2nd stage video interview with a presentation
- A final interview with the European General Manager
How can I stand out as an applicant?
- Be prepared to talk about professional accomplishments with specific data to quantify examples
- Be ready to talk about how you can add value and be the best addition to the team
- Focus on mentioning how you would make a difference at Pattern
- Be prepared to talk about any side projects related to data and analytics