Are you obsessed with data, partner success, taking action, and building brands? If you have a whole lot of hustle, come work with Village and use your skills to push one of the fastest-growing companies in the US to the top of the list! At Village, we acquire consumer brands and accelerate their growth using data science, design, retail expertise, and global expansion. In the next five years, we’re planning to acquire and build our own Brand portfolio of 25+ brands!
We are located in the Silicon Slopes tech hub in Utah, and as part of our parent company, Pattern, we have offices in Asia, Australia, Europe, the Middle East, and North America. Pattern (and its sister company, Village) was named one of the fastest-growing tech companies in North America by Deloitte and one of best-led companies in America by Inc. 5000. Pattern has made its mark in the industry, one of Utah's newest unicorns, valued at $2 Billion. Some of the biggest consumer brands like Nestle, Sylvania, Kong, Panasonic, Sorel, Skullcandy, and Popsockets trust Pattern with their business.
We need a National Account Manager for our Village Brands team. The National Account Manager is responsible for developing, executing and fostering a collaborative business partnership with retailers for Village Brands. The role will be responsible for managing existing customers and driving business development for Village acquired and incubated brands. Candidates will demonstrate a strong sense of drive and urgency to close sales for the Village brands and the ability to work in a matrix organization. He/She is responsible for delivering volumes and profit objectives for the Company with a primary focus on B&M retailers. Candidates should have a strong omni-channel background with experience with in one or more of the following channels (Mass, Club, home center, specialty, drug and grocery channels).
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a day in the life of a National Account Manager?
- Drive business development for Village acquired and incubated brands with a primary focus on B&M retailers
- Manage Sales Representatives and Broker Agents
- Deliver sales and profitability targets
- Build customer relationships at the buyer, senior levels and facilitates connectivity in other functional areas
- Work with demand planning to develop accurate sales forecasts and to achieve inventory goals
- Leverage our brands and product mix to improve profitability
What will I need to thrive in this role?
- Bachelors/University degree in Business Administration
- 5-7 years sales and/or trade/Channel experience
- Selling experience within consumer products, preferably across multiple brands, including growing total omni business
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Knowledge and understanding of selling to an omni-focused retailer
- Initiative & follow-through
- Strong project management skills
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and exceptional drive for results
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to lead cross functional team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able to present data in an organized manner
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
- Conflict Management/Composure; Technical Knowledge
- Approximately 30-40% travel required
What is the team like?
- This role will report directly into Blair Haskins, VP of Sales for Village Brands. You will also work with members of Trophy Skin, one of Village Brands’ acquired brands. This team is data driven and results oriented. You will collaborate regularly with members of your team to implement actionable solutions. Ideas and input are encouraged from all members.
Sounds great! What is the company culture?
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Game Changers - A game changer is someone who looks at problems with an open mind and shares new ideas with team members, regularly reassesses existing plans and attaches a realistic timeline to goals, makes profitable, productive, and innovative contributions, and actively pursues improvements to Pattern’s processes and outcomes.
- Data Fanatics - A data fanatic is someone who recognizes problems and seeks to understand them through data, draws unbiased conclusions based on data that lead to actionable solutions, and continues to track the effects of the solutions using data.
- Partner Obsessed - An individual who is partner obsessed clearly explains the status of projects to partners and relies on constructive feedback, actively listens to partner’s expectations, and delivers results that exceed them, prioritizes the needs of your partners, and takes the time to create a personable experience for those interacting with Pattern.
- Team of Doers - Someone who is a part of team of doers uplifts team members and recognizes their specific contributions, takes initiative to help in any circumstance, actively contributes to supporting improvements, and holds themselves accountable to the team as well as to partners.
What is the hiring process?
- Initial phone interview with Pattern’s talent acquisition team
- Video interview with Blair Haskins, VP of Sales of Village Brands
- Video interview with another member of the team
- Video interview with Todd Boerema, President of Village Brands
- Professional reference checks
- Executive review
How can I stand out as an applicant?
- Be prepared to talk about professional accomplishments with specific data to quantify examples
- Be ready to talk about how you can add value and be the best addition to the team
- Focus on mentioning how you would be partner obsessed at Pattern
- Be prepared to talk about any side projects related to data and analytics
Why should I work at Pattern (Village)?
Pattern offers big opportunities to make a difference in the ecommerce industry! We are a company full of talented people that evolves quickly and often. We set big goals, work tirelessly to achieve them, and we love our Pattern community. We also believe in having fun and balancing our lives, so we offer awesome benefits that include
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Holidays
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Casual Dress Code
- Competitive Pay
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
Pattern provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.