Pattern is the leading partner for global ecommerce, helping brands like Nestle, Pandora, Panasonic, Skullcandy & Kong attain profitable ecommerce growth and control. Ranked among the top 5 Amazon sellers globally, Pattern has over 400 employees across 13 global sites. Pattern offers marketplace management services for brands as well as strategic consultancy services worldwide providing a full suite of monitoring, compliance, advertising, creative and distribution services for hundreds of brands.
As we continue to grow internationally, we need an experienced Commercial Analyst to undertake financial and analytical assessment of some of the world’s leading brands, helping to grow our client sales on Amazon and other digital sales channels across the globe. Based in our modern and friendly central London office, the role may also involve travel to Pattern offices internationally on occasion. We offer a competitive salary, a great team, full training, plus a range of other benefits.
As an International Commercial Analyst you will deliver high-quality financial analysis, planning and forecasting for the Pattern teams around the world. You will work closely with the international team based in London as well as our regional offices in Asia, Australasia and the US to ensure the fast and profitable growth of the Pattern business. Within the team you will be responsible for analysing new opportunities and brands, identifying risks, advising on strategy and supporting the creation of internal and external proposals.
- Analyse product margins and profitability to ensure sustainable business growth through new business
- Produce forecasts and projections for new business opportunities
- Review brands’ performance across multiple marketplaces and different platforms; assessing brands’ positioning and identifying areas for improvement and risks to sales growth
- Co-ordinate the sales qualification process, interrogating the data to identify any risks or opportunities in new business
- Support the international team in building cross-region business proposals
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree with a strong base in critical analysis (economics/sciences/mathematics)
- 2-4 years’ experience of commercial planning, financial planning & analysis, or similar
- Demonstrable analysis and interpretation of large data sets
- Excellent track record of leveraging data to make informed, impactful decisions
- Outstanding MS Office and Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and inter-personal skills
- Adaptable and dynamic with willingness to grow in the role as the team builds in a frequently changing environment
- Experience working in Online marketplaces, eCommerce, Strategy consulting or In-house strategy/ corporate strategy
- Familiarity with Amazon and other marketplaces
- Experience with Tableau / Power BI
- International experience
- Additional languages
- Game Changer – Possess aptitudes and ability that will change the game for Pattern in both the short and long-term.
- Data Fanatic – Demonstrates an innate ability to process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions.
- Attention to Detail - Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derails a project.
- Adaptable - Able to jump between sectors and quickly gain a baseline understanding of new sectors we want to explore.
- Pro-active - Self-starter who is able to take initiative. Entrepreneurial, driven, motivated and hardworking.
- Intelligence – Demonstrates strong intelligence and scholastic success.
- Organised and Efficient
- Good at planning, prioritising, organising and multitasking
Place of Work
Your normal place of work will be the Company’s head office which is located at Swan House, 17-19 Stratford Place, London W1C 1BQ. (Please note Pattern is following Government guidelines and advising all colleagues to work from home for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic).